Happy Saint Patrick’s Day – wishing you a pot o’ gold, and all the joy your heart can hold. Even if St. Patrick’s Day has passed, you can have still had fun with this Irish attitude. See the specific points for each below and if you have the highest score YOU WIN FABULOUS MERCHANDISE!
Are you ready to play?
Take the Quiz for your chance to win!
Answer the Questions:
- The Irish Tenors sing “When Irish Eyes are Smiling”. Dr. Ronan Tynan, one of the original members, had a farm and a medical practice in Ireland. Where was the farm located? 5 points
- Why do people wear shamrocks on St. Patrick’s Day? 5 points.
Finish the Riddle:
- What’s Irish and stays out all night? 5 points.
- When is an Irish Potato not an Irish Potato? 5 points.
- What do you get when two leprechauns have a conversation? 5 points.
Try a New Recipe:
St. Patrick’s Sweet Coffee Whisky Balls. If you make these you get 10 points
- 3 ½ C vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 1 C pecans, chopped very fine
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar, divided
- 1/3 C Irish whisky
- 3 T instant coffee powder
- 1/3 C light corn syrup
- Place the crushed cookies into a mixing bowl.
- Add the pecans and toss to combine.
- Pour 1 C of the sugar into the mixture and stir to combine well.
- Place the whisky into a mixing bowl.
- Add the coffee powder and stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the cookie mixture.
- Add the corn syrup and blend the ingredients together well.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Form the mixture into balls and place on the wax paper.
- Pour the remaining sugar into a shallow bowl.
- Roll the coffee balls through the sugar being sure to coat them well.
- Allow the balls to stand for 15 minutes then store them in an airtight container.
Thanks for playing and having a little fun!
May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.