“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” ~ William James
Focus on YOU!
At the beginning of February we shared a great list of things to do help get through what for some can be the dark days of winter. So let’s pretend to live in the Southern Hemisphere for a while (it is not winter there!) and let’s start looking at what we can do to make a difference and to keep GROWING ourselves. Try to carve out some time each day to work on YOU to make that growth continue.
Under 5 Minute Activities to Try:
- Deep Breathing: Next time you are feeling simply out of control, try stopping for a moment, closing your eyes and breathing with intention for a few minutes. It is a wonder cure that we all have with us all the time!
- Gentle Stretching: Meetings, computers, social media – give yourself permission to merely stretch. No time for a walk? Some gentle neck rolls and shoulder shrugs can loosen up tense muscles.
- Listen To Your Favorite Music: This will release happy hormones in you and can be easy to do.
Got More Time? Try Something Bigger!
- Read a Chapter of A New Book: Reading a book keeps you productive and creative. Read what makes you happy!
- Get Crafty: It does not matter what it is! The act of creation not only it brings the creative side out of you but also colors and textures can pave the way for positive vibes – find your creative outlet and go for it!
- Cook a New Recipe: Cooking and baking are found to be brilliant stress-busters!
We are important to a lot of people and we need to be sure we remember just how important time to take care of ourselves can be.