Good-bye March, hello April.
April is our first peek at summer. It also has some interesting history. Which ONE of these statements is FALSE?
- America’s first astronauts were announced by NASA on April 9, 1959.
- The first Webster Dictionary was copyrighted by Noah Webster on April 14, 1828.
- The Titanic sank on April 15, 1925.
- The Revolutionary War in America began on April 19, 1775.
- The United States Library of Congress was established April 24, 1800.
- Our first President George Washington was inaugurated on April 30, 1789.
Special Days in April (TWO are wrong):
- The first day of April is April Fools Day, when children and grown-ups play jokes on one another.
- April 22 is Earth Day.
- April 2 is Light It Up Green for Autism Day and the whole month is Autism Awareness Month.\
- Arbor Day is a day for planting trees, and it is observed on various May days.
- The Jewish festival of Pescah, or Passover, is celebrated early in April.
- Easter is almost always in April, and, with it comes other Christian celebrations such as Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday.
- April is also the month of the Thai New Year in Thailand and the Khmer New Year in Cambodia.
April also shares some famous birthdays (THREE are wrong):
- Marvin Gaye, April 2, 1939
- Jane Goodall, April 3, 1934
- Jackie Chan, April 7, 1954
- Carley Simon, April 10, 1950
- Aphrodite, April 15
- Leonardo da Vinci, April 15, 1452
- Charlie Chaplin, April 16, 1889
- Mickey Mouse, April 27th, 1957
- William Shakespeare, April 23, 1564
Remember, take the quiz and you will win FABULOUS MERCHANDISE as always.
Take the Quiz
Embrace the season and get your sunscreen!